April 25, 2016
16 Things I Wish I Knew at 16
|1. My opinion of myself is always more important than anyone else’s opinion of me.2. The adults in my life can only teach from what they learned; it’s up to me to decide if it’s right for me.
3. Loving myself and being comfortable with who I am liberates me to love and accept others for who they are.
4. Criticizing others for their failings is a failing.
5. I have a right to get angry; I don’t have a right to get mean.
6. Maturity is knowing others help me with my life, but I alone am responsible for the choices I make.
7. If love turns to hate, it wasn’t love.
8. I can only learn and grow if I feel safe enough and free enough to make mistakes.
9. Courage is a gift I give myself.
10. Prejudice confines and weakens me.
11. There’s never a good enough reason for violence.
12. As trust in myself grows, so does my comfort zone.
13. Stillness isn’t boredom; it’s renewal.
14. Giving really is better than receiving.
15. Forgiveness takes practice.
16. We’re all doing the best we can.