Happiness in the workplace begins with the same foundation as happiness for individuals.
Where it gets messy is at the intersection of what’s important for the objectives of the whole and the objectives of the individuals working there. As Adam Grant, Wharton Professor and Organizational Psychologist tells us:
“The ends don’t justify the means. The means are the measure of our character.
We reveal our values in the way we pursue our goals.”
- Every organization reflects the nature of its leadership. In this 45-minute powerpoint talk, we apply the same fundamentals of happiness while sustaining a leadership role. Marie draws from published writings and ideas in this area and presents them in a way that easily connects the dots allowing the creation of a working environment valuing integrity, joy, and balance. At the close of the presentation, attendees receive specific references, resources and exercises to sustain an atmosphere of happiness the workplace.
- Total Time – 85 minutes
- 45 minute Powerpoint presentation
- 30 minutes, Q&A, supplemental references, resources exercises
- $100 per person, maximum six attendees
- Adamgrant.net. “You spend a quarter of your life at work, so shouldn’t you enjoy it? Whether you’re learning to love criticism or trust a co-worker you can’t stand, one thing’s for sure: You’ll never see your job the same way again.” Grant’s generosity is evident in the abundance of free guidance and support on his website, blog, podcasts and youtube videos. See his TED talks at TED.com.
- Simonsinek.com – “We imagine a world in which the vast majority of people wake up inspired, feel safe wherever they are and end the day fulfilled by the work they do.” view Simon’s TED talks at TED.com, and see why they’ve been viewed over 50 million times.